We relish the fun that comes from
making music without the use of "jazz hands".
who we are
How we began …
In 2006, a spark of an idea was ignited by four friends: they imagined a community where they could share their love of music, musicianship, and passion for performing with like-minded people. The modest group would soon become the wonderfully brash, fiercely social, and musically exigent choir known today as Cum Vino Cantus. Oh, and don’t forget oenophilic; after all, the Cum Vino Cantus name comes from Latin, for “with wine, comes singing.”
Today, Cum Vino Cantus is a community-based, non-auditioned adult choir with high expectations. Our repertoire is eclectic, traditional, novel, ancient, and multicultural. The four founding members’ vision is alive in the musical community they created not so long ago.
Cum Vino Cantus is a musical organization that aspires to push the boundaries of the choral tradition in Calgary by engaging the artistic community to cultivate an all-embracing approach to performance. Our choir seeks to explore the sonic possibilities of music through exploration of unique spaces and venues within our city.
- We pursue musical excellence without compromising our sense of fun or love of drink.
- We put creativity first: to think outside of the box and not to be afraid to explore the unknown.
- We believe music is a dialogue between the performers and the audience.
- We aspire to musical growth through diverse and challenging repertoire.
- We are truly Calgary’s hippest choir.